New deals in the sporting spectacle arena and increasing financial stakes associated with TV broadcasts mean it is imperative to set up procedures and strategies to satisfy the requirements of all marketing partners.
Industry players are constantly forced to adapt to the ever-changing international sports scene along with the shifting trends in media consumption, forever seeking to build on existing platforms and improve performance levels to push revenues up.
Over the last ten years, sports sponsorship saw the highest growth in the global advertising market because sporting events present:
- A cost-effective means to communicate relevant brand messages
- A highly effective mass promotion tool
- Access to a targeted audience
- An effective means of creating a positive public image for businesses, which strengthens emotional bonds
- An improved brand image and product perception